Flyer Policies & Procedures
- Submit an electronic file of the literature as a PDF through the online Flyer Submission Form with a description of the proposed recipients, and date to distribute.
- Distribution of flyer is allowed once per quarter per organization.
- A decision will made within ten schools days after the request for approval is submitted, unless additional time is needed to more fully determine the propriety of the proposed distribution.
- If flyer is approved, the person requesting approval will be notified by email.
- The Superintendent or the Superintendent’s designee reserves the right to deny any flyer.
Method of Flyer Distribution
- All approved flyers will be posted on the flyer connections web page for up to 60 days.
- No recipient may be charged a fee to receive flyers.
- If you would like to distribute hard copies of each flyer, you must take it upon yourself to print, sort, and distribute to each school. Any hard copy flyer being distributed must still follow the approval process and meet the guidelines set forth buy the district. District staff will not guarantee prompt distribution of hard copy flyers.
Literature must comply with the following guidelines in order to be approved for distribution.
- The flyer must not appear to bear the authority of the school. If the flyer comes from a non-school-sponsored organization, it must not be primarily commercial in nature and must display a disclaimer such as: “The opinions, products, activities and/or services of this organization are neither sponsored nor endorsed by the school district.”
- The flyer must contain the name of the sponsoring entity; contact information of the sponsor/organizer and specific information about the date, time and location of the event/camp/activity.
- Submission forms musts be completed, including targeted grade levels and dates of distribution as well as all other requested information.
- The content of the flyer/literature must be appropriate for the age and maturity level of the recipient; and distribution of the flyer must not be inconsistent with or interfere with the educational mission of the district.
- Flyers that concern sexual or reproductive issues shall not be approved for distribution.
- Flyers that promote or oppose any political figure, candidate or issue, including ballot issues of any kind, shall not be approved for distribution, with the exception of those pertaining to district levies, bond issues and board campaigns.
Flyer Submission Form