Emerson & Longfellow Primary Schools
Emerson Primary - 937-497-2261; Longfellow Primary - 937-497-2264
Sidney City Schools has set dates for kindergarten screening and registration for the 2020-2021 school year. Due to the opening of Whittier Early Childhood Center, the screening will look different this year.
Children must be five years of age on or before August 1, 2020, to enroll in the Sidney City Schools kindergarten program. Early entry children may be considered and must go through the screening process.
Students who are enrolling in kindergarten who DO NOT currently attend Whittier Early Childhood Center may call to schedule a screening appointment beginning Monday, February 11.
Appointments are available on the following days/times:
Wednesday, April 15, 2020 4:30PM-7:30PM at Emerson/Longfellow Primary Schools
Friday, April 17, 2020 8:30AM-12:30PM at Whittier Early Childhood Center
Wednesday, April 22, 2020 4:30PM-7:30PM at Emerson/Longfellow Primary Schools
Friday, April 24, 2020 8:30AM-12:30PM at Whittier Early Childhood Center
Please bring the following documentation to your child’s screening appointment:
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Child’s Immunization Record
- Proof of Residency - mortgage/lease agreement, utility bill, bank statement, pay stub
- Custody Documentation (as applicable) - the parent of any child who is under a custody ruling must present a certified copy of the entire decree or child custody order with the timestamp and the judge’s signature.
- Valid Email Address - Sidney City Schools utilizes online registration through Final Forms. At the time of screening, parents will be provided with computers to complete the online registration. Upon creating a Final Forms parent account, a confirmation email will be sent; parents need to be able to access that email account. If a parent/guardian does not have an email address, assistance will be available to create one.
Call your child’s school to schedule your appointment - EMERSON - 937-497-2261 or LONGFELLOW - 937-497-2264. If you are unsure which school your child will attend, call either number and the building secretary will help you OR you can access the district attendance area map by visiting http://bit.ly/2uyNxMw.
CURRENT WECC STUDENTS
Current Whittier Early Childhood Center students enrolling in kindergarten in the fall DO NOT need to attend one of the screening dates above. Parents and guardians have already begun the discussion of kindergarten readiness; screening and assessment of Whittier preschool children is ongoing. Additional transition conversations will take place between WECC teachers and kindergarten teachers this spring.
On March 10, 2020, Final Forms will open for the 2020-2021 school year and ALL current preschool families, including those with children who will transition to kindergarten, will need to update and sign off on their Final Forms. You can do that by visiting www.sidney-oh.finalforms.com.
All incoming kindergarten students will be welcomed to their schools in May for a Kindergarten Fair with their families. More information will be given out at kindergarten screening and to WECC students through their take-home folder.