Sidney City Schools uses SchoolMessenger as method of communicating with parents/guardians, students, and staff. SchoolMessenger replaces the OneCall Now service the district previously used. SchoolMessenger integrates with our student database system, PowerSchool, and provides a host of options for communicating. In addition to phone calls, SchoolMessenger allows parents to choose to receive information via email and SMS/text messaging.
Managing Contact Information Using the SchoolMessengerApp
Check out the SchoolMessenger App to receive notifications and modify your contact information:
Apple App Store - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/schoolmessenger/id978894818?mt=8
Google Play Store - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.schoolmessenger.recipient&hl=en
Managing Contact Information Using PowerSchool
Parents need to follow the following instructions to manage their contact information:
1. Login to PowerSchool for Parents & Students. For information on how to login for the first time, please contact your child's building secretary.
2. Click the School Messenger icon at the bottom of the left side column. (Icon pictured above)
3. There are two tabs within the SchoolMessenger contact manager portal:
MESSAGES - displays messages associated with your child from the last 30 days. You can playback calls and/or view email messages as applicable.
CONTACTS - shows the name(s) of your child. To edit how you are contacted, click EDIT under action on the right (pencil icon).
4. In clicking EDIT under CONTACTS, you can enter up to three numbers, two email addresses, and two numbers for SMS (text messaging - *standard messaging rates may apply), as well as select how you would like to be contacted at each of those. Message Types are explained below
If you have more than one child, you can check the box near the bottom to "Save To All Contacts".
By default, all boxes are checked. If you wish to not be contacted at a certain number for certain types of messages, unselect the box.
5. Click the SAVE box with the green checkmark to ensure your changes are saved.
Non School Hours Emergency - for non-school hour emergency notifications. Ex. Weather delays or cancellations
School Hours Emergency - for school hour emergency notifications Ex. school lockdown, fire, flood, etc.
Attendance - for notifications related to your child's unexcused absence
General - for general notifications pertaining to school information. Ex. Parent/teacher conference reminders, school events, etc.
Survey - for surveys put out by the school. (We do not anticipate using this feature often, if at all.)
**The district is not responsible for you not receiving information if you do not check any boxes for contact via phone numbers and emails.**
*Standard messaging rates may apply.
You may also opt to recieve messages via email and/or SMS (text messaging) in addition to at least one phone number (up to three). If you would like to add any additional information, please contact Communications Coordinator, Tiffany Rank at email@example.com.
Please contact your child's school if any contact information should change.