Join us in supporting the campaign for a new multisport athletic center. Adjoined to the Sidney Memorial Stadium, this facility will enhance the Sidney sports complex and expand indoor practice/training capacities for all sports, especially those that take place in the spring.
Build a state-of-the-art baseball and softball facility where teaching & fundamentals come together to benefit the Sidney community for many generations and do so with great fiscal responsibility.
ADDRESSING KEY NEEDS
- Enhances baseball/softball facilities
- Allows for 365 days/year indoor training for outdoor sports
- Eases winter/spring gym time schedule
- Boasts three full hitting cages which can also be used for golf
- Serves as an open area for small school-affiliated gatherings
- Serves as primary practice space for SMS baseball/softball - convenient for SMS students/parents
- Enhances Sidney Memorial Stadium by serving as
- inclement weather shelter
- auxiliary locker room for larger teams
- a gathering place for reunions
- location for post-halftime snacks for the band
- playoff hosting enhancement
- Steel Structure
- Open Concept
- Vaulted Ceilings
- Permanent Ceiling Net Structure
- Semi-Permanent Perimeter Net Structure
- Hitting/Throwing Lanes
- Area for Soft Toss/Tee
- Garage doors open to softball/baseball fields and football stadium
The Sidney Athletic Center Committee is welcoming pledges and gifts over a three year period through the Community Foundation of Shelby County.
Contact the Sidney Athletic Department for a pledge form.
Gifts should be made payable to the Community Foundation of Shelby County; please write SIDNEY SAC in the check memo.